New Student Orientation
Welcome, new students! We are excited that you are joining the Mountaineer family. As a new student, you certainly have questions. New Student Orientation is designed to introduce you to the Eastern community and provide the information you need to be successful. At New Student Orientation, you'll learn about:
- Your major and degree plan
- Campus communications (WebAdvisor, Blackboard, email, etc.)
- Financial literacy and paying for college
- Housing and meal plans
- Student Support Services, Mountaineer Academic Centers and tutoring options
- Student clubs and organizations
- Health and wellness
- Personal safety
- And many other campus resources
You'll also learn tips from students, faculty and staff who will help guide you during Orientation and throughout your time at Eastern. Orientation also provides you with the opportunity to meet other new Eastern students.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Mountaineer family!
Residence Hall Move-In
Saturday, Aug. 11
Sophomore Move-In: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 12
Freshman Move-In: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mandatory Residence Hall Meeting: 6 p.m. in Mitchell Hall Auditorium
Campus Offices Open Sunday
Several campus offices in Wilburton will be open on Sunday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. during move-in. Students (and their parents/guardians) can visit the Bookstore in the Student Center or the Business, Financial Aid, Registrar or Advising offices in the Library/Administration Building during this time.
McAlester New Student Orientation
Sunday, August 12
2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Conference Center in the Clark Bass Building
Wilburton New Student Orientation
Monday, August 13
|8 a.m. - 8:55 a.m.
|Registration and Breakfast
(students will receive a detailed schedule of events and group assignments)
|1st Floor Student Center
|Welcome and Important Campus Information
|9:30 a.m. -10:15 a.m.
|Division Orientation with Academic Advisors
- Agriculture Division: Baker 115
- Business Division: Mitchell 201
- Behavioral & Social Sciences Division: Mitchell Auditorium
- Language, Humanities & Education Division: Johnnie Wray Theatre
- Science and Mathematics Division: Sullivan 102
|10:20 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
|Group Breakout Sessions and Lunch
You will receive a group assignment and detailed schedule at registration.
- Student Success: Baker Hall 115
- Campus Safety, Title IX & College Life: Student Center 224
- Financial Literacy: Student Center Ballroom
- Campus Communication: Mitchell Hall 117 & 118
|5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
|Cookout and activities at Robbers Cave State Park
|Bus leaves from Student Center at 4:45 p.m.
Questions? Contact the Office of Student Services at 918.465.1818.
Resources for Orientation