FACULTY: Instructor of Biology
Eastern Oklahoma State College is a comprehensive community college providing instruction in a wide range of curricula.
- Master’s degree in Biology or a Master’s degree in a closely related natural sciences field with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in biology courses. Candidates in the process of pursuing a graduate degree may be considered with the understanding that the degree must be completed expeditiously.
- Commitment to the mission of Eastern Oklahoma State College
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out related faculty duties as assigned
- Successful college–level teaching experience
- Successful experience teaching face-to-face, hybrid, online, and/or interactive TV courses (ITV)
- Successful experience teaching synchronous and asynchronous Zoom courses
- Ph.D. degree in Biology or additional graduate credit hours towards a Ph.D. degree in Biology
- The position requires teaching face-to-face courses in General Biology and other biological sciences. Teaching online and hybrid courses may also be required.
- Responsibilities include teaching 15 credit hours each semester, developing curricula, advising students, participation in division/department/college-wide student assessment, departmental and institutional service, holding 10 office hours per week, and the pursuit of continuous professional development.
- Courses may be taught on other Eastern teaching sites and/or taught in the evenings.
- Teaching must demonstrate learner-centered philosophy and an ability to engage and retain students.
Salary: Compensation will commensurate with education and experience. Expected salary range is $36,000 to $44,000.
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance 2x annual salary rounded to the next thousand
- EGID/Health Choice Medical, Dental, and $20,000 Basic Life Policy
- Liability, Unemployment (gross maximum of $25,700) and Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Teachers’ Retirement Contribution – 100%
- Social Security/FICA Contribution (6.2% - gross maximum of $160,200)
- Medicare Contribution (1.45%)
Length of Assignment: 9 months
Submit a letter of application, Eastern employment application, transcript(s) and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Dr. Andrea Green, Dean of Science and Mathematics Division
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Position to remain open until qualified candidate selected.
Eastern Oklahoma State College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE)