STAFF: Head Athletic Trainer
Eastern Oklahoma State College is a comprehensive community college providing instruction in a wide range of curricula.
- Certified by the National Athletic Trainers’ Association (NATA).
- Currently holding or in process of obtaining athletic training license in the state of Oklahoma.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid certificate
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to the mission of Eastern Oklahoma State College.
Responsibilities: Coordinate and/or perform the following dutires:
- Responsible for budget, inventory, and required materials to supply and operate the training room.
- Responsible for covering six sports- Men’s & Women’s Soccer, Men’s & Women’s Basketball, Softball, & Baseball
- Responsible for the taping, bracing, and padding of athletic-related injuries.
- Responsible for delivering therapeutic modalities to athletic-related injuries.
- Responsible for primary and secondary survey or evaluation of all athletic-related injuries.
- Responsible for monitoring ABC’s, CPR, First Aid and other interventions while performing primary survey to all student-athletes.
- Responsible for the necessary referral of musculoskeletal, neck and/or spine and various other injuries to the appropriate medical provider.
- Responsible for contacting physicians or contact referrals to coordinate appointments for student-athletes.
- Responsible for all medical documentation of student athletic-related injuries. Maintain confidentiality of documentation.
- Responsible for the “medical clearing” of all injured student-athletes.
- Athletic Trainer is required to arrive before, be present, and remain after the game/event as appropriate; responsible for game and event preparation of student-athletes; responsible for game and event medical coverage of student-athletes as scheduled with the Athletic Director.
- Responsible for the medical counseling of all athletic-related injuries and inquiries by student athletes.
- Responsible for distributing protocols of therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation to athletic-related injuries.
- Responsible for distributing necessary insurance paperwork to student-athletes in regard to athletic-related injuries.
- Responsible for maintaining state licensure and national certification by annually completing the necessary Continuing Educational Units (CEU). Responsible for completing the necessary annual requirements of CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience. Anticipated salary range $45,000 - $47,000.
- Mutual of Omaha life insurance 2x annual salary rounded to the next thousand
- EGID/Health Choice Medical, Dental and $20,000 Basic Life Policy
- Liability, Unemployment (gross maximum of $24,800) and Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Teachers’ Retirement Contribution – 100%
- Social Security/FICA Contribution (6.2% - gross maximum of $147,000)
- Medicare Contribution (1.45%)
Length of Assignment: 10 months
Submit a letter of application, Eastern employment application, transcript(s) and resume to:
Human Resources Director
Al Davis, Athletic Director
Closing Date: Position to remain open until qualified candidate selected.
Eastern Oklahoma State College is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE)