Mountaineer Academic Centers
The Mountaineer Academic Centers (MAC) in Wilburton and McAlester are dedicated to helping all Eastern students succeed. Success coaches offer personal tutoring, study sessions and supplemental instruction as a support system to help you reach your goal of earning a college degree. The services are offered free of charge by the Pathways to Success Title III grant.
Services include personal tutoring, group study sessions and workshops that address study skills, learning strategies, time management, stress anxiety, note taking and other topics. Access to computers, printers and study tables is also available.
|First floor of Johnston Hall
|Clark Bass Building 202
|Monday - Thursday
9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
|Monday - Thursday
1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
|Tuesday & Thursday
Noon - 2:30 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Upswing Online Tutoring
Eastern also offers free, confidential and convenient academic support in an online environment through Upswing. Visit eosc.upswing.io to schedule a tutoring session with an Eastern success coach.
- Log In - visit eosc.upswing.io and follow the instructions to create your Upswing profile.
- Schedule - select "Meet with a Tutor," search for the subject or class you need help with, and schedule a session with a success coach.
- Learn - show up for your scheduled session, click "Go to Room" on the tutoring section of your profile and get to it!
With the free Remind app, you can connect with a success coach for helpful reminders, study tips and other important notices sent right to your phone. Download the free Remind app from your app store and text messages to the following numbers to get started:
- General: text to 81010
- Wilburton English courses: text to @8h36a9
- Wilburton Math courses: text to @3799eh
- Wilburton Science courses: text to @ghck2d
- McAlester English courses: text to @6dah63
- McAlester Math courses: text to @3b6329
- McAlester Science courses: text to @799aeek
Student Development Coordinator