Frequently Asked Student Questions

Admissions, Testing, and Enrollment

1. How do I get admitted? (Where do I start?)
The first step begins at the Enrollment Center (Bill H. Hill Library) where you should complete an admission application.

2. What do I need to get admitted?
Completed admission application, high school and/or college transcripts, and ACT scores.

3. What if my ACT scores are low or if I haven’t taken the ACT?
You may attempt to raise your ACT scores by taking one of the various Residual ACT tests that are offered. The scores from these tests are acceptable for admission only at Eastern. If you have already taken the ACT or if you are 21 years of age, you may also elect to test in one of the placement tests (ACCUPLACER) offered at Eastern. For more information on testing, visit the Testing Center.

4. What do I need to get registered for classes?
You must have a student file in the Registrar’s Office, test scores, and a $10 deposit which can be paid at the Registrar’s Office, Business Office, or McAlester campus.

5. Can I register for classes and test at Wilburton or McAlester?
Yes, testing and registration are available at both campuses.

6. Where and how do I change my name, address, phone number or any other personal information?
All student records begin in the Registrar’s Office (Library 105) and must be changed in that office, at the McAlester campus, or may be sent in writing by mail or fax (student signature required).

7. Who registers me for classes and advises me each semester?
Your first registration for classes will be handled by an academic counselor (Lib 102A and Lib 102B). You will then be assigned a faculty advisor to handle registration for the following semesters until graduation. Academic counselors are available at the Wilburton and McAlester campuses.

8. How do I obtain an academic transcript?
Come by in person at the Wilburton Campus and bring your picture ID. To request one in writing, send your name, SSN, signature and written request as to where the transcript should be sent as well as a phone number or e-mail address. These requests can be mailed or faxed to 918.465.4435.

9. If I have graduated from Eastern and agreed to make payments (if I have an outstanding balance), can I still get my official transcript?
Not without written permission from the Business Manager.

Financial Aid

1. What kind of financial aid is available?
Grants (free money), Loans (money that must be repaid), Scholarships (must apply by deadline and meet certain requirements), and Tribal Awards (apply with tribe), etc. – information is available in Financial Aid, Lib 107.

2. How do I apply for financial aid?
The first step is to fill out a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on paper or through the internet (www.fafsa.ed.gov). Make sure to list Eastern as one of your college choices (003155).

3. Do I have to provide parents’ information for financial aid?
If you are under the age of 24, are not married, do not have dependents, have never been an orphan or ward of the court, and you are not a veteran – then you must provide your parent’s information.

4. If I live with one parent, do I have to provide my other parent’s information?
You should provide financial information for the parent you lived with for the last year (or at least 6 months).

5. What about financial aid at the McAlester Campus or Idabel?
All financial aid functions go through the Wilburton Campus; however, forms and assistance are available at McAlester and Idabel.
  • McAlester Campus contact – Mimi Kelley, 918.302.3604
  • Idabel Campus contact – Kendra Gross, 580.376.5206
6. Is it ever too late to apply for financial aid?
Certain deadlines do apply - check with Financial Aid at 918.465.1771.

7. What if I am waiting for financial aid, and I need to buy books?
If you have enough financial assistance to pay your tuition, fees, room and board, with additional money left over – then you will be allowed to charge your books with a “voucher” at the campus Bookstore. You can pick up a book “voucher” from Eastern’s Business Office.

8. What if I am late applying for financial aid?
You may not be eligible for additional money from the state or the institution if you apply later; however, you can still receive the federal Pell grant. Applying on-line is the fastest option. You can print your confirmation number and EFC number from the on-line application and bring it to the Financial Aid Office to determine eligibility.

9. What is the difference between financial aid probation/termination and academic probation/termination?
To remain eligible for financial aid, you must complete the number of hours your financial aid was based on (full-time=12 hours, ¾-time=9 hours, and ½ time=6 hours) with a 2.0 GPA. Students who do not meet these requirements may be put on probation or terminated from financial aid. Academic probation/termination is all based on grades whether you receive financial aid or not.

10. If I drop a class, will this affect my financial aid?
Dropping a class can affect the amount of financial aid you receive or must repay and also cause you to be placed on financial aid probation or termination.


1. How do I register for classes?
All students must have completed an admission application first. Current students register with their academic advisor. New students can register on New Student Enrollment Day, after that day, they can visit with an academic counselor (Wilburton campus -Lib 109 or Lib 110 or the McAlester campus front registration desk located in the Wanda Bass building).

2. Where do I go to drop classes or change my major?
See your faculty advisor or an academic counselor (Wilburton campus - Lib 102A or Lib 102B or the McAlester campus). Students can also drop classes through WebAdvisor.

3. After I register for classes, how can I get another copy of my schedule?
You can print schedules from WebAdvisor. Log in to your WebAdvisor account and choose “My Class Schedule” located under Academic Profile.

4. When do classes begin?
Refer to the current academic calendar.

5. When is the last day to drop or add classes to my schedule without paying?
The drop/add period is the first two weeks of the fall and spring semesters or the equivalent period for shorter terms. The exact days for drop/add will be indicated on Eastern’s web site under the calendar.

6. What is the last day that I can totally withdraw?
Students can withdraw from classes through the twelfth week of the regular semester or the equivalent time for a shorter term. Refer to the calendar for exact dates.

7. Where do I check to see how close I am to completing my degree?
You can visit with your academic advisor and have him/her complete a degree check for you.

8. What is a graduation check and when do I need to do one?
Graduation checks are completed by your advisor then submitted to the Registrar for final approval. All graduates must complete the graduation application with a counselor (Wilburton campus - Lib 102A, or at the McAlester campus) or on-line through WebAdvisor. Students who complete their application through WebAdvisor will still need to come by one of the offices to complete additional paperwork and sign-up for CAAP testing. Applications for graduation are usually available the second week of September for December graduates and the second week of February for May graduates. Summer graduates will complete their applications the first part of June.

9. What if I need information about transferring to a university after I graduate?
Eastern has Academic Advisors (Lib 102A and 102B) who can help answer all your transfer questions.

10. Where do I get job placement information after I graduate?
Visit the placement office in Lib 102A.

Business Office (708 or 831)

1. How do I find out how much I owe?
You may come to the Business Office and get the balance on your account or you may log in to WebAdvisor to view your balance.

2. When do I get my refund?
Refunds are processed beginning about two week after the drop/add date ends. Please refer to EOSC Campus Calendar for the exact date. All student refunds will be disbursed on to the students Higher One card. Each student will receive a lime green envelop in the mail with their Higher One card. Students must activate the card in order to receive funds. 

3. If I drop a class, will I owe anything?
If you drop before the drop/add deadline you will not owe anything for those classes. If you drop after that date you will owe for those classes. There are hardship exceptions that must be approved by the Registrar; for example, a major illness of the student or a death in the immediate family that requires the student to drop all classes.

4. When is my bill due?
The balance on student’s accounts after financial aid is deducted is due on the first day of classes.

5. How can I pay?
Eastern offers free online bill pay, 24 hours a day through WebAdvisor. Log in and click "Make a Payment" to pay online or call 855-300-8526 to make a payment over the phone. You can also pay by mail or in person at the Business Office (first floor of Library/Administration Building).

6. Where do I get a copy of my bill?
You may log into WebAdvisor to print a copy of your bill. You can also get a copy of your bill from the business office. Statements are mailed each month around the 15th (from September to December and from February to May) to all students until your balance is paid in full.

7. How much is tuition per credit hour?
General tuition and mandatory fees are $ 117.60 per credit hour. Specific courses may require additional fees.

Student Services (818)

1. Do I have to make a room deposit when I submit my housing application?
Yes, $50 must be submitted with the application and is non-refundable. Regents Court and Apartments also require a $200 deposit.

2. Can the deposit be charged to my student account? 

3. Do I have to live in the residence halls?
Anyone under the age of 21 who does not commute, must live in the residence halls if they do not live at home. For housing information, contact the Residence Life Coordinator.

5. What happens if I come in after curfew; am I locked out? 
Please see Student Handbook for additional details.

6. Can people who don’t live in the dorms stay in my dorm room?
Yes, with prior permission from the Dorm Coordinator. No guests of the opposite sex are allowed to spend the night. Only one overnight guest is allowed and must be 18 years old or older, or a sibling. Dorm residents must fill out a form and give it to the Dorm Coordinator who will charge $15 per night for no more than 3 nights per month to the resident's Business Office account.  

7. If the dorm host isn’t available and I need assistance, whom do I call? 
Each floor has a Resident Assistant available to assist you, or call campus police at 918.448.2365.

8. Where do I get my student ID and why do I need it?
Student IDs are printed in the Business Office on the first floor of Bill Hill Library and are required for eating in the cafeteria, picking up checks from the business office, transcripts from the registrar’s office, and also for free admission to dances, ballgames, and other campus activities.

9. What are the food service hours in the cafeteria?
Visit our Campus Dining page for information.